Congrats Asha!!!!

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Gambit
Site Admin

Post by XMEN Gambit »

Oh, I'm sure there is. We just don't know it yet. ;)
TimberWolf
Inmate

Post by TimberWolf »

Probably some form of Gel would evaporate just enough to form a dispersive cloud causing the laser to loose enough strength to pose no threat, but it would cause a blinding light to all around it due to the refraction. But then all they got to do is shoot again once the cloud is gone, or hope for a strong wind to blow it away as it forms. The Gel would be worthless to conventional weapons though.
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

There are always ways... ;)

Think of it this way: do you develop a weapon, and hope the other side doesn't find a countermeasure? Or do you work on the weapon and try to figure out a countermeasure?

We go with the latter. :D
XMEN Ashaman DTM
Inmate

Post by XMEN Ashaman DTM »

... or hope for a strong wind to blow it away as it forms.
Well... that's the situation with a missile. ;)
Ambush Bug
Inmate

Post by Ambush Bug »

Now I'm all curious. :) I'm going to have to go digging around in various physics/chemistry texts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this laser is employed against missiles during the launch//boost phase, when they're still headed up under rocket power. Yet, it's fired once the missile has reached sufficient height that the line of aim doesn't (hopefully) intersect with the curvature of the Earth.

I reason this is so because I'm unsure if there's a tracking system Man can make that'll aim at and hit the warhead once it's on the way down at hypersonic speeds, particularly using a weapon mounted on a flying platform and not placed directly in the path of the falling body.