Wireless is nice!

Come in! Have a margarita or root beer? How about some fresh trout? :)

Moderator: Moderators

XMEN Iceman

Wireless is nice!

Post by XMEN Iceman »

Gambit,
That Dlink router was not working. Got a new Linksys at Fry's for $39. Also picked up another PCMCIA Wireless G card for $16.99. Working great! I love wireless, sit outside and watch the trains go by. :)
BlackRider
Inmate

Post by BlackRider »

I love wireless too... but when I'm outside I can only get a connection at night and its up and down so much that its not worth trying. :(

With my current setup wireless is great because now I don't have to drill holes in my floor for a network cable. :P

Also I would not want to sit outside in Ohio this time of the year... its 24 degrees F. :? Though watching the trains go by is great. (Even better w/ steam locomotives.)
RudeJelly

I agree

Post by RudeJelly »

I upgraded my wireless router to a 802.11g and bought a PCMCIA 802.11g card for my laptop. It's very nice. I also moved my router to the middle of my house...now I have even coverage.

Also, in preparation for video over LAN, up upgraded my wired home network to gigabit. That's nice too. I'm going to pipe TV streams to any PC in the house over my LAN from my home theater PC. :D